Current Affiliation: Brian Gray Law (Norton Rose Fulbright, until 31.12.2017)
Mediation Training & Experience:
- WIPO Arbitrator; INTA Panel of Trademark Mediators.
- WIPO Advanced Workshop on Domain Name Dispute Resolution.
- Lead counsel in in many mediations and arbitrations concerning entertainment contracts, copyright infringement, patent infringement, trade-secrets, trade-libel, and including mediations which involved multiple patent law suits.
- Legal practice (Ridout & Maybee 1979-1986; Blakes 1986-2004, co-founder Intellectual Property Group; McCarthy Tetrault, 2004-2007 head of Intellectual Property Group; Norton Rose Fulbright Canada 2007-2017, senior partner, member of Arbitration Core Group).
- Registered Patent and Trade-Mark Agent US and Canada 1980- present. Practice focussed on dispute resolution, litigation, protection and commercialization of all aspects of intellectual property.
- Particular expertise in software patents (lead counsel representing banks in Amazon case). Represented Nortel in sale of the company and patents in insolvency proceedings.
- Represented movie studios and producers in copyright, software and publishing disputes and start-up biotech companies and large pharmaceutical companies in patent disputes.
Website & CV: www.briangraylaw.com